Last Update: April 28, 2021
About NEC XON
This website is operated by NEC XON Holdings Proprietary Limited. ("NEC XON" or, as appropriate, in the context, "we", "us" or "our") whose registered office is at 218 Roan Crescent, Corporate Park North, Midrand, 1685, South Africa.
This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect personal information from you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address only if you provide it to us. If you are on a part of our website that asks you to provide your personal information, it will be clear what personal information we are requesting. You may choose to provide this information for the following reasons, if applicable:
- Contact information: If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including any information in them. We use this information to enable us to respond to your message and to help us provide better service.
- Commercial offers: If you send us a commercial offer, we will process personal data that you provide us such as your name, email address and phone number for the following of the proposal and subsequent commercial relationship, where applicable.
- Job applications: If you submit us your job application and you further agree to participate in a selection procedure we may collect and process contact information that you provide us such as your name, email address and phone number, date of birth, passport or identifying card data, nationality, signature, image, academic and professional data and job history to manage and administer the application and carry out our selection procedures, or to comply with any relevant legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. non-discrimination regulations). We may also access to the public information included in your professional social network profiles (such as LinkedIn). We will ensure that this processing is proportionate to the purposes outlined above.
Personal data will be processed while it is relevant for it particular purpose and subsequently for the period of time that prevailing legislation requires such personal data be held thereafter.
You shall promptly notify NEC XON of any change in the data provided, responding in any case of their accuracy and completeness.
Information that we gather automatically
Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website and they are used for many things, such as remembering when you've visited a site before, your language preferences and items that you place in a shopping basket. Cookies contain information about the use of your computer, but they do not collect other information (such as your name and address, for example).
The information we collect using cookies also permits us to analyse traffic patterns on our site. This can enable us over time to provide users with a better experience on our site by improving the content and making it easier to use.
What kind of Cookies do we use?
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by NEC XON to your computer from our website.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on NEC XON's behalf. We use third party cookies for website analytics.
- Session Cookies which are designed to collect and store data while you access our website.
- Persistent Cookies: help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future and can be accessed and processed during a specific period of time, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which they access the services the regional configuration from where you access the services.
- Analysis Cookies: These cookies used by NEC XON or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your navigation on the website in order to improve the offer of products or services that we offer.
This website serves only the following cookies to your computer:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Domain||Duration||How to block|
|Cookies NEC XONessary for essential website purposes||These cookies are NEC XONessary to provide you with services available through this website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.||http://uk.NEC XON.com/||Up to 2 years.|
(_utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmt; _utmz; _ga; _gid)
|These cookies are set by NEC XON and Google Analytics are used to collect information about how visitors use our sites. We use this information to help run our site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on our site The cookies collect information anonymously about our website visitors, including the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website and the pages that they visited on our website.||http://uk.NEC XON.com/||Up to 2 years.||You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. |
As the means by which you can do this vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Cookies here .
|User Preference Cookies||These cookies are used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on the website. If you blocked the cookies, even after you pressing the Accept button, the cookie message at the top of the web page will appear every time you load web pages within the domain.||http://uk.NEC XON.com/||Session.||You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies.|
How to control or delete cookies
You can block cookies by using the opt-out links provided in the table above, or changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that using a third party opt-out link to disable a cookie or category of cookie may not delete the cookie from your browser but simply disable it from future use. If you wish to delete the relevant cookie, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
Below, you can find the instructions of the main browsers to disable cookies:
- In the tools menu, select "Internet Options".
- Click on the privacy tab.
- You will see a scroll cursor to configure privacy that has six positions that allows you to control the amount of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept all cookies.
- In the upper part of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu.
- Select "options".
- Select the privacy label in the options box.
- Choose "use custom settings for the history" from the drop-down menu. This will show the cookie options and you can choose to activate or deactivate them by checking the corresponding box.
- In the configuration menu, select "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page.
- In the privacy section, select the "content configuration" key.
- The section at the top of the page that appears gives you information about cookies and allows you to set or delete the cookies you prefer.
- In the configuration menu, select the "preferences" option.
- Open the privacy tab and select the option you want from the "block cookies" section. Remember that certain functions and the full functionality of the Site may not be available after disabling cookies.
How we use web beacons
We may also use web beacon technologies to better tailor the site to provide better customer service. A web beacon is a single pixel transparent image that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or access certain cookies. These web beacons may be placed on specific pages across this web site. When a visitor accesses these pages, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our vendors. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don't want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
Sharing your Personal Information
NEC XON does not sell or rent personal information about our website visitors. Under certain circumstances, we may share your personal information as described below.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to disclose your personal information to the applicable law enforcement authorities. We will disclose your personal information if required by law, upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation or if we otherwise believe disclosure is NEC XONessary to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement authorities any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
Links to other web sites
Parts of our site contain links to our subsidiaries and third-party web sites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you may leave NEC XON's web site. When you access these other sites, even ones that may contain the NEC XON mark, please understand that we do not control the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that web site.
Protecting your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How to exercise your data protection rights?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you any direct marketing communications request the deletion of your personal data when, among other reasons, the data is no longer NEC XONessary for the purposes that were collected or, where appropriate, request the portability of your data. In certain circumstances, you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise or defense of claims. In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. NEC XON will stop processing the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
Likewise, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, when this is the legal basis for the processing of your data.
Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the applicable supervisory authority or to seek judicial remedy.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address listed below.
the address provided below:
NEC Europe Ltd.
1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL, England