Cloud services enable you to:
- Move from a capital expenditure to an operational expenditure model for your core information technology infrastructure.
- Benefit from the proliferation of web-based applications (for any operating system) that are replacing traditional client-server applications.
- See your internal IT team focusing on innovation and user experience instead of dealing with the mundane tasks of day-to-day IT system management.
- Enjoy the convenience of services that scale and change with your business requirements. It really is possible thanks to the move towards everything-as-a-services (XaaS), including software, back-ups and recovery.
- Improve operational efficiency and drive costs down. As business leaders are realising the benefits of leveraging the economies of scale that cloud providers can offer, more and more companies are adopting a “cloud first” technology stance.
- Vanquish dark IT in your business. The cloud makes your internal IT far more agile; this speed of delivery eliminates the need for empowered employees to buy cloud services on their own, along with the consequent cost and governance headaches.
Wingu is Africa’s first Ubuntu Certified Public Cloud computing platform – designed, built and hosted in South Africa. It was built with the latest open standards technology. We provide virtual servers, networks and storage – quickly, easily and cost-effectively. With our technology, you can build programmable infrastructure on a “pay-as-you-go” basis.
We are part of NEC XON, the sub-Sahara African ICT group.
Our Key Capabilities
Wingu’s infrastructure-as-a-service offering covers:
Wingu’s virtual servers provides RAM sizes in popular increments, a variety of vCPU options (all based on our fast 3.3 GHz CPUs) and popular open source operating systems or commercial platforms such as Microsoft Windows™. You are able to attach additional disk volumes as required, snapshot virtual machines when needed and attach a public IP address.
Advanced networking and storage
You can customise network designs by adding subnets, ports, routers and other virtual network functions; all delivered using our advanced software defined networking technology platform.
Wingu makes your life easier by giving you: an easy-to-use dashboard from which services can be configured; the ability to set quota limits that give you full control and prevent bill shock; a platform that can use Ubuntu JuJu to provision services and applications as needed in your projects; and the ability to easily set and adjust provisioning resource limits.
We take the security of our platform incredibly seriously. With Leveraging, the best security practices, we ensure that we provision your instances fast and provide secure key-based authentication services, or randomised complex passwords.
With security being a moving target, we constantly have our implementations assessed and externally audited, including regular external penetration testing. And if the unthinkable should happen and Wingu gets hacked, your information will not be at risk as we don’t store any sensitive customer data, such as billing information or credit details, in our platform. Within this framework our customers have to behave securely by, for instance, putting in place robust password policies, secure firewalls and server endpoint protection.
For more information about Wingu cloud computing services, visit www.wingu.co.za