Role: Veritas Engineer
Office location: Johannesburg
Main purpose of the job
NEC XON is looking for interested individuals who are driven by innovation and advanced Technology services. We want experienced Veritas Engineers to be part of our growing global organisation. The role is to ensure that Veritas’ customers are successfully exceeding the value of their investment in Veritas solutions and coordinating the company focus on the end-to-end customer relationship. Customer Success includes customer support and care, professional and business critical services, and renewal sales.
- Create customer environments and problems to aid in troubleshooting/case resolution
- Function as the Technical Support liaison.
- Consult with management in directing resolution of critical customer situations
- Collaborate with Veritas Partners and vendors to resolve multi-vendor issues
- Document resolutions in accordance with Knowledge Management practices
- Author/Edit TechNotes and TechAlerts
- Continuous development of industry, technology, business and leadership skills
- Provide Probable Cause Analysis (PCA); ensures information is captured for Knowledge repository
- Determine and communicate recommendations on Support readiness for new products and features
- Participates in pre-release product analysis and beta programs
- Provide feedback to improve product quality/functionality
- Consults with Support management on continuous process improvement and process re-engineering
- Participates in process planning and makes recommendations for improvements
- Represent Technical Support at company and customer events such as Vision, Cutting Edge, user forums, partner visits
- MCSE Qualification or studying towards a qualification
- CNE or VAN
- N+, A+
- UNIX/LINUX Skills
- MS Skills
- Veritas Net Backup Certification
- Veritas Appliances Certification
- Advanced NetBackup administration and troubleshooting experience
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent experience or related major with course work in Structured programming (C+ or C++ and or Java)
- Scripting expertise
- System I/O and performance
- 5-7 years relevant IT experience in a similar role.
01 November 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.