Role: Solution Architect – Cisco
Reports to: Ryno Weideman
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
Nec Xon is looking a Solution Architect to joing the Networking Division. The Solution Architect role is a highly technical role, providing architectural, design and implementation consultancy support for our Large and Mult-National Enterprise customers focusing on Cisco but including supporting technologies
Summary of the job
- Develop and own a technical trust relationship with assigned customers to drive new business by discovering new opportunities and by building trust to close deals
- Technical workshops, presentational and written solution docs with/for customers to understand their requirements and to build and demonstrate a technical and commercial solution that meets their requirements and leads to a successful deal closure
Technical Pre-Sales support
- High level Solution design to enable accurate scoping
- Technology updates for strategic accounts
- Supplier product / technology updates
- Stay abreast with industry technology / best practice and provide strategic guidance to the business
- Identify optimization and possible efficiencies and accuracy of our pre and post sales technical aspects
Post Sales / Services
- Consult with complex or new technology solutions
- Assist with business critical escalation issues from SMC or Advanced Services Team
- Provide guidance on spares / support and hardware
- Have a close relationship with the vendor you will be supporting.
- Nurture vendor relationships and be on the lookout for new opportunities.
- Face-to-face meetings with customers to determine and understand requirements and to translate those requirements into a technical solution(s) based on NEC XON solutions
- Provide the technical interface between customer and NEC XON commercial teams, managing the technical relationship with customer and building a trust-relationship to help influence customer
- Leading large projects from first customer meeting through to implementation and/or operation. This includes coaching junior members of the team and assisting implementation teams.
- Provide technical support to business development opportunities, this includes presentations to customers on NEC XON solutions, solution documents
- Perform hands-on work with customers during product evaluations and post-sales
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services.
The Jobholder will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent customer-facing and communication skills
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage own time
- Technical expert with over 10 years’ experience as a consultant working for Vendor or systems Integrator or Large Enterprise
- Understanding of Cisco network product lines and technologies
- WAN, LAN, Internet, VPN remote access, and Firewall technology experience.
- Knowledge of DevOPS, SD-WAN, Cloud solutions, Load balancing , Security IP-Fabric , technologies an advantage
- BSC or Equivalent degree/NH Diploma
- CCIE preferred , JNCIE advantageous.
04 March 2022 @ 17:00
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.