Role: Senior Procurement & International Trade specialist
Reports to: Senior Procurement & International Trade specialist
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
Manages specific processes within the Procure to Pay cycle – PTP namely
Requisitioning, Purchasing, Receiving, and Supplier invoice accounting
Manages specific processes within the Order to Cash cycle – OTC namely Order
Management, Order Fulfillment and Shipping, and Customer Invoice generation
Processing, recording, accounting, and ensuring full compliance of all
International Trade processes within the above cycles
- Create sales orders and resulting purchase orders on financial system from order initiated by NEC XON’s procurement process
- Ensure accurate, complete, consistent on time Invoicing.
- Process and print Customer invoice, attach all relevant documentation to it e.g. delivery notes, customer order, contract etc. to invoice and arrange signoff by client of invoice.
- Obtain and ensure the existence, completeness and archiving of all Customer proof of works – NEC XON delivery notes, signed invoices, vendor delivery notes, job cards, acknowledgment of receipt etc.
- Ensure proof of works for sales processed is attached to Invoicing when it isdelivered to Clients in the case where a work or delivery is done without immediate invoicing (e.g. Supplier perform end user deliveries on behalf of NEC XON)
- Prevent deliveries for COD sales without proof of payment or collection of cheque for delivery
- Provide best possible customer service to the internal customers e.g. NEC XON sales/BU and external clients/customers.
- Ensure only authorized customer credit notes are processed and processed only in accordance with existing authorization processes and conditions
- Utilize inventory on hand for orders and minimize stock holding at all times
- Make sure that NEC XON always procures all goods and services at the best possible price from their suppliers.
- Obtain refresher quotes and comparative quotes
- Check with Business Unit (BU)
- Making sure that order is processed with DRF
- Communicate and deal with suppliers to create relationships that enable preferred treatment by suppliers
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and record purchase order information on financial system
- Record purchase orders on internal system – purchase price, supplier, supplier references, ETA etc.
- Continuously update open Upkeep and maintaining of Supplier PO Status, back orders – ETA’s
- Execute all requests for any outstanding supplier related queries from finance without any delay.
- Report on back orders and ETAs to XON Sales/PM team on regular and repeated basis.
- Register received purchase orders GRN on financial system and update accurate and complete supplier invoice information on financial system and PO status
- Making sure that all goods received corresponds to the purchase order
- Make sure that correct and authorized item codes are used when creating purchase orders always.
- Identify weaknesses and recommend improvements to current procurement processes and systems.
- Always make sure that the correct Projects are being used relating to the cost input and resulting customer invoice.
- To ensure that the incorrect/faulty/duplicate stock received are returned to the relevant suppliers with a valid “RMA” number/confirmation for Credit or swop out.
- Adhere and comply with XON’s best practices (i.e., existing systems, processes, and procedures).
- Always ensure the complete and relevant existence and immediate availability of all required documentation relevant to:
- Merchant documents (Imports/Exports)
- Workflow documents relating to Order cycle
- Other related requirements i.e. Export Credit Insurance, Letters of Credit, Reserve Bank requirements etc.
- Responsible for processing, recording and compliance of all international transactions, customer and/or vendor related.
- Pre-inspection information to be arranged (if applicable). When pre inspection or any certification is involved, delivery instruction can only be fulfilled by freight forwarder when this has been done.
- Responsible for arranging pre-inspection / other certification with companies i.e.: Intertek, SGS, Bureau Veritas.
- Preparation for PC – Product Certificate with regulator for safety and quality control.
- Submission of all documents to technical provider to approve file generation in Nigeria for import.
- Form M application preparation for submission to Nigeria CBN Foreign Exchange control (e.g., commercial invoice / packing list / PC and product data)
- Application for PSI (pre shipment inspection) upon loading of container
- Monitor and control inspection requirement e.g.: additional documentation or product requirement needed
- Formulate the draft AWB – Airwaybill outlay / BOL – bill of lading in accordance with payment requirement – also for forex purposes (forex control and merchant shipments)
- Issue COO (certificate of origin) with Chamber of Commerce in SA for all export / merchant shipments
- Booking of shipment with shipping line / airline and coordinate inspector in line with loading date
- Obtaining the SONCAP after final requirement has been issued by regulator for SONCAP
- Shipment arrival in Nigeria (destination) and if required – monitor the various processes of clearance and to inform recipient of process level on hand
- Import shipments to be managed on timelines for the manufacturing off exports
- Manage cost comparisons air vs sea from each vendor
- Updating progress on import for arrival and clearance in SA
- Strapping and lashing services to be arranged when required for export shipments in secure packaging
- Updating costs on export shipments frequently (as tariff changes regularly)
- Issue DG (dangerous goods) declarations in line of shipments being exports from SA – if required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong administrative skill
- Strong conflict management skills
- Computer literacy – MS Office (with high proficiency in MS Excel)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent people skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work and perform under extreme pressure
Qualification & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferably Procurement Management, Finance or Logistics will be advantageous
Strong knowledge of applicable commercial legislation will be advantageous
Exposure to International Procurement Terms and Conditions
Exposure to Alternative Energy Procurement
5 years’ relevant experience in procurement or logistics
8 years’ experience in Import / Export Trade and International Procurement
5 years’ experience working on a financial software
12 November 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.