Role: Senior Network Engineer
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
The Networking Division is looking for a Senior Network Engineer, to join their team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing architectural, design and implementation consultancy support for our Service Provider customers focusing on Juniper but including supporting technologies.
Summary of the job
- Develop and own a technical trust relationship with assigned customers to drive new business by discovering new opportunities and by building trust to close deals
- Technical workshops, presentational and written solution docs with/for customers to understand their requirements and to build and demonstrate a technical and commercial solution that meets their requirements and leads to a successful deal closure.
Technical Pre-Sales support
- High level Solution design to enable accurate scoping
- Technology updates for strategic accounts
- Supplier product / technology updates
- Stay abreast with industry technology / best practice and provide strategic guidance to the business
- Identify optimization and possible efficiencies and accuracy of our pre and post sales technical aspects
Post Sales / Services
- Consult with complex or new technology solutions
- Assist with business critical escalation issues from SMC or Advanced Services Team
- Provide guidance on spares / support and hardware
- Have a close relationship with the vendor you will be supporting.
- Nurture vendor relationships and be on the lookout for new opportunities.
- Face-to-face meetings with customers to determine and understand requirements and to translate those requirements into a technical solution(s) based on NEC XON solutions
- Provide the technical interface between customer and NEC XON commercial teams, managing the technical relationship with customer and building a trust-relationship to help influence customer
- Leading large projects from first customer meeting through to implementation and/or operation. This includes coaching junior members of the team and assisting implementation teams.
- Provide technical support to business development opportunities, this includes presentations to customers on NEC XON solutions, solution documents
- Perform hands-on work with customers during product evaluations and post-sales
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept setups, network designs, and network deployments using new products and features
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to customers for the networks they support
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and services.
The Jobholder will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent customer-facing and communication skills
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage own time
- Technical expert with over 10 years’ experience as a consultant working for Vendor or Partner in an international Service Provider
- IP/MPLS/SR, NG Fixed and Mobile Network Architecture experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of Linux , Scripting , DevOPS, SD-WAN, Cloud solutions, DPI, Optical , Caching, Security and DDoS technologies an advantage
- BSC or Equivalent degree/NH Diploma
- JNCIE preferred , CCIE advantageous.
27 January 2022
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.