Role: Security Engineer (Microsoft Security & IAM)
Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job:
This position will be responsible to ensure that all implementation, management, and monitoring of Microsoft Security & Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technologies are addressed. Other responsibilities include monitoring and maintenance of IAM systems, training, and communication of (IAM) processes, and advising on IAM solutions and best practices
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and integrates IAM systems and solutions. Ensures that solutions protect information resources against unauthorised use, inappropriate degrees of access, disclosure, damage and/or loss.
- Identifies, analyses, and resolves system design weaknesses. Troubleshoots and manages the resolution of issues related identities, systems, access, accounts, authentication, authorization, entitlements, and permissions. Determines and recommends the most appropriate response to identified more complex problems, issues and/or defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
- Ensures the maintenance, patching, operating, and monitoring of IAM systems. Troubleshoots, supports, and resolves system incidents, problems, and changes, as required.
- Facilitate the continuous adoption, training, communication, and education of IAM capabilities, functions, and standards.
- Specify, design, and build IAM solutions including password management, SSO, federation, and authentication.
- Execute against the IAM’s program roadmap
- Implementation and support other Microsoft Security solutions
- Servicing and Support to Clients
- Technical Support related to Security Technologies
- Vulnerability Management
- Monthly SLA reporting
- Remote support where necessary
- Standby duties
- 3 – 5 years’ hands-on technical experience in systems integration or software engineering of identity and access management (IAM) solutions (such as Microsoft, BeyondTrust, CyberArk, Okta, Oracle OIM/OAM, SailPoint, or Thycotic).
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs.
- Experience with information security concepts such as authentication, access control, and cryptography.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Windows, scripting (with programming languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Perl, or Bash), SQL, LDAP, and web services
- Minimum Grade 12
- T. related degree or related qualification from a tertiary institution
- Security+ Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Microsoft 365 Security Administration
Valid for 3 months from date of advertisement (18 May 2022 – 18 August 2022)
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.