Role: Nigeria – HR Manager (This role is applicable to local candidates only)
Reports to: Human Resources General Manager: NEC XON
Office location: Nigeria
Main purpose of the job
To drive the implementation of the HR strategy and act as the custodian for all HR policies, procedures and practices. To advise and inform business decisions related to people practices. A critical success factor to this role is the ability to understand the business model of NEC XON and ensure that HR service delivery facilitates the achievement business objectives.
HR Strategic Implementation
- Provides HR support to the Nigerian business areas
- Implement organizational HR strategy to support the NEC group strategy and ensure implementation thereof.
- Support the HR Team’s strategy, goals and objectives, and ensure that the objectives are met.
- Drive transformation Employment Equity; Skills Development; Enterprise
- Supplier Development; and Socio-Economic Development.
- Ensure that practices promoting a diverse workforce are driven. Ensure an appropriate Change Management and Communication strategy at all staff levels.
- Drive the development of emotional intelligence (EQ) throughout the business to ensure good relationships that support productivity.
- Identify the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to position NEC XON as an employer of choice.
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to group policies and standards
- Provides governance and oversight of business units
- Reviews employee data to identify opportunities to drive improved business performance
- Revising and localising all policies to Nigerian legislation or best practice within Nigeria
- Benchmark Best Practices, Benchmark HR assumptions, practices and service delivery with best practice. Identify opportunities for improvement within people practices in line with best-practices principles
- Captures, analyses and reports on employee data
- Support management team in any internal HR/organisational changes or HR-related shifts across teams
- Reporting to the relevant governance forums (management team,
- Board) as required
- Lead on employee onboarding, offboarding and HR communications
- Build upon, review and enhance employee benefits to attract and retain talent
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Lead on employee wellness to ensure a happy and engaged team
- Support management to roll out culture initiatives
- Lead on Department of Labour compliance and statutory reporting
- Responsible for supporting the end-to-end talent acquisition for the business
- Implement recruiting/sourcing strategies and proactively build a robust and diverse pipeline of candidates locally
- Identifying the appropriate recruitment consultants to support recruitment efforts
- Working closely with the team leads to manage the full recruiting process for all roles, including sourcing, interview management, and onboarding. In addition, provide a quality experience for every candidate through clear communication and follow-through
Key performance measures
- Succession coverage by position
- Succession coverage by individual
- Percentage of critical roles held by a high attrition risk
- Adherence to Global Diversity compliance
- Workforce composition by gender, tenure, age, ethnicity, etc.
- Vacancy rates per open position
- Time to fill/time to productivity
- Successor Gap Rate
- Retirement Rate Forecast
- Voluntary Turnover Rate
- Worker Composition by Gender, Age, and Tenure
Learning & Development
- Development plan penetration
- Training utilization
- Certifications for IT skills to meet BID requirements
- Ensuring performance cycle is understood and adhered to
- Ensuring that KPI’s are in place with the BU
- Promotion velocity
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication & networking skills
- Knowledge of business processes
- Relationship building skills
- Report writing skills
- Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building; and
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant HR degree or HR Diploma
- Must have 5-8 years actively involved in HR related disciplines with Africa experience
- 5 years exposure to business processes
- A strong proven working knowledge of full IR function and relevant Labour
- Nigerian / Africa legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment practices in Nigeria
- Support leaders to drive high engagement and high-performance environment.
- Master business and people decision making through a data and fact-based approach.
- Ability/experience in development of business strategies, preferably in HR.
15 March 2022
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.