Role: Junior Threat Hunting Team
Reports to: Cyber Operations Lead
Office location: Midrand / Remote
Main purpose of the job
The primary objective of the threat hunter is to proactively hunt for possible threats in the environment, perform breach simulations against implemented security countermeasures to test the overall effectiveness of all the security policies. Perform incident response on detected threats to ensure efficient, containment, eradication, and recovery. Invest in security automation to streamline the incident response process using custom developed tools or vendor-specific toolsets
- As a Threat Hunter, your focus will be at the tactical level, using your knowledge of the ever-changing cyber threat landscape to identify the potential threats
- Thorough review and investigation and contribution to large- and small-scale security breaches
- Analyse intelligence from both internal threat intel data as well as leverage external source
- Keep informed on the latest cyber trends, breaches, and technical write-ups
- Complex Active Monitoring & Triage – Observation, triage, correlation analysis/investigation, and closure of real-time of information complex security events including false-positive identification
- Responsible for proactively discovering new attacks, or attacks currently underway using advanced security monitoring techniques and advanced cyber systems/tools.
- Involved in post-breach investigations and advisory of recommended countermeasures
- Threat-Oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills & vocabulary
- Ability to simplify complex subjects
- Deductive Reasoning abilities
- Critical thinking & concentrated observation skills
- Ability to stay focussed under pressurize conditions
Qualification & Experience
- Diploma/Degree in IT
- Security +
- Pen Test+ (advantageous)
- Azure SecOps (advantageous)
- 2/3 years in IT or security
If you are interested and meet the requirements (Qualification and Experience) as per the attached Job Specifications, please complete the attached Internal Application, attach your updated CV, certificates and respond to this e-mail no later than Monday, 06th December 2021.
Please note that only existing NEC XON employees will be considered.
6 December 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.