Role: IT Systems & Support Engineer
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Office location: Cape Town
Main purpose of the job
IT Best Practice
- Alignment to IT best practices (ITIL) with a focus on continuous service improvement and end-user satisfaction
- Accountable for IT asset management including the capturing of end-user equipment’s detail into the appropriate systems.
- Adherence and enforcement of the policies related to the use of the IT systems
- All elements of IT procurement ranging from understanding the requirement through to purchasing and final delivery process.
- Accountable for installation, configuration, and deployment of end-user equipment.
- Accountable for the resolution of end-user incidents and service requests as well as changes pertinent to the desktop / endpoint support environment.
- Supporting users both remotely and physically with required operational IT needs, across all Microsoft and 3rd party based Systems and Services.
Systems & Server Support
- Database support, maintenance & management
- Maintaining, supporting and management of all business systems and services within the responsibilities of the IT department.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and functionality in Microsoft based IT systems as well as other core business systems to ensure stability and ongoing enhancement of such systems.
- Monitoring systems and servers for equipment failure or degradation in performance.
- Oversee the management and implementation of cloud systems.
- Take accountability for ensuring that all systems are backed up and that the IT infrastructure is recoverable in the event of a disaster.
- Monitoring of the networking environment and keeping the NEC XON internal network available and stable via engagement with the accountable parties.
- Management and updating of systems with latest versions of the Windows Server Operating System and / or Application Software. This includes installations and patching.
- Creation and updating of documents that reflect the IT environment / architecture for systems and maintenance thereof.
- Drive information security and ensure that all systems are protected and secure.
- Daily pro-active checks of systems and software.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software, pertinent to the IT scope.
- Management of hardware failures and assuring that availability / stability is achieved ASAP.
- Advanced troubleshooting against severe failures / issues.
- Active Directory administration including AD DS and Azure AD.
- Drive the increased use of Microsoft Modern Workplace (Microsoft 365 and Office 365)
- Analysis of and making of recommendations to enhance the performance and capabilities of the Microsoft and 3rd party based systems and services.
- Identifying areas in need of upgrades to equipment and software pertinent to the Microsoft systems and services.
- Participation in and support of all IT projects.
- Drive continuous service improvement initiatives to ensure the continuous maturing of the IT environment and service offering.
- Oversee the delivery of 3rd parties.
- Enable 24/7/365 support and maintenance of the IT environment by participating in the shift requirements as determined by the operational needs of the business.
- Standby support required
Key performance measures
Key performance measures will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- SLA performance
- Process and policy compliance
- End-user feedback and satisfaction ratings.
Systems and Server Support
- SLA performance
- Systems and Server Support
- Project success
- IT department maturity
Additional details around key performance measures will be defined as part of annual performance appraisal processes.
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 and Server 2019
- Solid knowledge and experience of SQL Server (preferably SQL Server 2016 R2)
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory (Server 2012 R2) and Azure Active Directory
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 design, support, and maintenance
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Machine configuration and troubleshooting
- Veeam Backup / Restoration capability as well as Azure Backup / Restoration.
- Solid understanding and experience of Microsoft Azure and Office /Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Administration inclusive of SharePoint, Online Exchange, Security and Compliance, Teams, and Office applications.
- Storage Area Networks: SAN
- Hardware troubleshooting / repair and knowledge of HP, Huawei & NEC SAN’s
- Virtual Disk creation and Presentation
- Adding Hosts
- Configuring of Zoning and Mappings
- Server hardware requirements:
- Hardware troubleshooting / repair knowledge on HP, Dell & NEC servers
- Experience with using server management tools on HP, Dell & NEC servers
- Extensive knowledge of RAID technology, implementation & management.
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant Microsoft MCITP or MCSE Certifications
- A+ and N+ Certified
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or ITIL 4 Foundation Certified
- Microsoft SQL Certified – Preferred
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Microsoft Office 365 Certified
8 December 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.