Role: HR Business Partner
Reports to: Human Resources General Manager: NEC XON
Main purpose of the job
To drive the implementation of the HR strategy and act as the custodian for all HR policies, procedures and practices. To advise and inform business decisions related to people practices. A critical success factor to this role is the ability to understand the business model of NEC XON and ensure that HR service delivery facilitates the achievement business objectives.
HR Strategic Implementation
- Provides HR support to business units
- Implement organizational HR strategy to support the NEC group strategy and ensure implementation thereof.
- Support the HR Team’s strategy, goals and objectives, and ensure that the objectives are met.
- Drive transformation by implementing a BEE Strategy, in line with the BBBEE legislation and Codes (Ownership; Management Control, including Employment Equity; Skills Development; Enterprise Supplier Development; and Socio-Economic Development).
- Ensure that practices promoting a diverse workforce are • Ensure an appropriate Change Management and Communication strategy at all staff levels.
- Drive the development of emotional intelligence (EQ) throughout the business to ensure good relationships that support productivity.
- Identify the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to position NEC XON as an employer of choice.
- Benchmark Best Practices, Benchmark HR assumptions, practices and service delivery with best practice. Identify opportunities for improvement within people practices in line with best-practices principles
- Captures, analyses and reports on employee data
- Support management team in any internal HR/organisational changes or HR-related shifts across teams
- Reporting to the relevant governance forums (management team, Board) as required
- Lead on employee onboarding, offboarding and HR communications
- Build upon, review and enhance employee benefits to attract and retain talent
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Lead on employee wellness to ensure a happy and engaged team
- Support management to roll out culture initiatives
- Lead on Department of Labour compliance and statutory reporting
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to group policies and standards
- Provides governance and oversight of business units
- Reviews employee data to identify opportunities to drive improved business performance
- Responsible for supporting the end-to-end talent acquisition for the business units
- Implement recruiting/sourcing strategies and proactively build a robust and diverse pipeline of candidates in Johannesburg
- Identifying the appropriate recruitment consultants to support recruitment efforts
- Working closely with the team leads to manage the full recruiting process for all roles, including sourcing, interview management, and onboarding. In addition, provide a quality experience for every candidate through clear communication and follow-through
Key performance measures
- Succession coverage by position
- Succession coverage by individual
- Percentage of critical roles held by a high attrition risk
- Adherence to BBBEE compliance
- Workforce composition by gender, tenure, age, ethnicity.
- Vacancy rates per open position
- Time to fill/time to productivity
- Successor Gap Rate
- Retirement Rate Forecast
- Voluntary Turnover Rate
- Worker Composition by Gender, Age and Tenure
Learning & Development
- Development plan penetration
- Training utilization
- Certifications for IT skills to meet BID requirements
- Ensuring performance cycle is understood and adhered to
- Ensuring that KPI’s are in place with the BU
- Promotion velocity
- Strategic planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication & networking skills
- Knowledge of business processes
- Relationship building skills
- Report writing skills
- Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building; and
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant HR degree or HR Diploma
- 5-8 years actively involved in HR admin related disciplines
- 5 years exposure to business processes
- A strong proven working knowledge of full IR function and relevant Labour Legislations (BCEA, LRA & EE Act)
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment practices
- Support leaders to drive high engagement and high-performance environment.
- Master business and people decision making through a data and fact-based
- Ability/experience in development of business strategies, preferably in HR.
- Experience in the development and managing projects and create executive business cases.
- Ability to manage diverse and multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization and multicultural environment.
13 May 2022
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.