Role: First Line Support Technician
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
The First Line Support Technician uses knowledge and expertise in Technology to ensure that incidents, requests, events, and alerts (also referred to as tickets) from various polling and management tools are logged, classified, managed and where possible, resolved via remote troubleshooting and support, with the objective of restoring failed services as quickly as possible.
The First Line Technician is responsible for contributing to NEC XON achieving the contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), through seamless management of the various tools and customer environments to improve the total customer experience.
First Line Support is provided 24/7/365 to our customers, and therefore requires shift work.
- The primary responsibility of the First Line Technician is to ensure an optimised First Line resolution rate, through analysing the reported fault and completing detailed diagnostics to resolve the problem via remote troubleshooting and support through approved remote support applications.
- Should the problem not be resolved, the First Line Support Technician must ensure that the ticket is updated with the full diagnosis of what was investigated in the IT Service Management System, and correctly and efficiently re-assign the ticket to the correct resolver group.
- When re-assigning a ticket to another resolver group, the First Line Support Technician must communicate telephonically, or via acceptable electronic communication mechanism with the re-assigned party.
- The First Line Support Technician has additional responsibility to capture customer tickets from varied inbound sources into the IT Service Management System and ensure the customer is issued with a reference number for every ticket logged.
- The First Line Support Technician needs to ensure accurate customer information, and Ticket details are captured into IT Service Management system and clearly highlights the impact to the customer, through:
- Ticket categorisation,
- Ticket classification, and
- Service Level selection.
- The Time To Respond (TTr) for all tickets need to adhere to the contracted parameters per customer, and align to the contractual Response obligations.
- The First Line Support Technician is the first level of contact for customers and must therefore be customer-focused and strive to return the customer to a working state as quickly as possible, taking into consideration the Time To Resolve (TTR) for all tickets, which need to adhere to the contracted parameters per customer, and align to the contractual Resolve obligations.
- A key responsibility of the role is to ensure that approved business practices and Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and the appropriate technical resolution is applied to resolve the ticket.
- The First Line Support Technician must always understand the sensitive nature of the NEC XON support offering and ensure that all tasks and actions are done so with honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- The First Line Support Technicians are required to document in detail the actions and resolution, in the IT Service Management System, to contribute to and enhance the NEC XON Knowledge Base.
- Attention to detail
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Must be able to work on their own
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Must show an analytical approach toward tasks
- Excellent Communication skills at all levels – verbal and written in English
- Excellent data capture and typing skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to drive results.
- Must be customer centric
- Must be able to communicate well with various levels of people
Qualification & Experience
- Other technical qualifications
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- ITIL Foundation (Trained and Experience)
- 3 years previous Service Desk experience
- 2 years previous technology experience
- Experience in remote support
- 1 year Remedy/SNOW or relevant ITSM experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure 100% work attendance per half year
- Achieve 95% Login as per shift schedule
- Achieve 95% Logoff as per shift schedule
- 95% Achievement on telephone logged in time of 10hrs hours a day per month.
- Telephone abandon calls to be ≤1% of monthly incoming telephone calls offered per employee
- Email responded to and processed within 15 min
- All tickets to be logged with correct client name and SLA level
Service Level Management
- 98% of tickets to be assigned within 5 mins
- 10% First Line Resolved
- Achieve 90% Customer Satisfaction
- All tickets to be updated daily with accurate updates
- Achieving 95% response SLA per Client
- Achieving 95% resolve SLA per Client
- Escalation Process adhered on all tickets
15 December @ 17:00
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.