Role: Cyber Security Analyst
Reports To: Manager: Planning and Analysis
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job:
The primary role of the Financial Planning Analyst is to support decision making by performing financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking (actual, estimate, budget, MTP). This will develop as we realise and address further opportunities for improvement.
The Financial Planning Analyst will have an obligation to provide NEC XON with quantitative and qualitative information generated by processing, analysing and reporting along NEC XON’s business units, regions, major projects, financial KPI’s and functional departments. These outputs are to be generated in accordance with NEC XON’s reporting schedule which is, but not limited to monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly. This reporting has an impact, in some way or another, on all of NEC XON and its people’s performance evaluations, no matter the basis of KPI.
- Supports Planning & Analysis division by performing financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Supports Planning & Analysis division by assembling, formatting, and maintaining financial information (Actual, Estimate & Budget) for new & existing business (Order, Sales, GP, SGA) across all NEC XON business units, regions, financial KPI’s and major projects.
- Supports Planning & Analysis division by assembling, formatting, and maintaining financial information (Actual, Estimate & Budget) for new & existing business within the framework of key focus areas (P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow, etc).
- Assists in the preparation and review of estimate and budget realignments, narrations, and justifications.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts (actual, estimate, budget, MTP) .
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements and optimization
- Research issues and initiates Module & GL adjustments on ERP as needed
- Supports Planning & Analysis division by creating/modifying budget, forecast & actual reporting templates in accordance with departmental, regional & major project requirements
- Supports Planning & Analysis division by identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation/modifying of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures in accordance with the company accounting policy
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting within the IFRS framework
- Works collaboratively with various NEC XON departments and regions to ensure accurate business line, regional & project forecasting.
- Assists with monthly close process including reporting as defined by focus areas and key outputs.
- Assists with monthly financial reporting, and various ad hoc reports (actual, estimate, budget, MTP, variance analysis)
- Processes data on ERP system in accordance with the Financial Planning Analyst function.
- Assists with the processing of data on all relevant processing and reporting platforms (D365, MR, Smart2 & DIVA) in accordance with the Business Planning and Analysis function.
- P&L Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- BU Level Reporting (actual, estimate, budget, MTP, variance & trend analysis)
- Regional Reporting (actual, estimate, budget, MTP, variance & trend analysis)
- Project Reporting (actual, estimate, budget, MTP, variance & trend analysis)
- Cost Centre Reporting
- Capex budgeting
- Strategic Investment planning
- Mid Term Plan support and formulation
- Adherence to IFRS
- Actual Flash Report
- Journal File (Actual – Main)
- Variance report (Actual vs estimate vs budget – BU, region, project)
- Estimate (Balance of FY)
- Business Review (Review of actuals and estimate)
- Monthly reporting packs (Business Unit, Region, Major Project)
- Have relevant IT skills in MS Office applications (advanced excel)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the Company’s core values: Can-do, Positive, Excellence, Integrity, Accountability.
- The individual needs to be flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines, well organised and professional with a real proactive attitude.
- The job holder requires excellent communications skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and management focused environment
- Should have excellent personal organisation and business principal skills in accordance with modern best practise methods
- Should be able to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and correctness.
- Show willingness and ability to learn, improve and adapt if required.
Experience & Qualifications
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in financial planning/analysis
- Financial Tertiary qualification
09 June 2022
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.