Role: Cyber Security Consultant
Reports to: Head of Pre-Sales and Architecture
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
This position will be responsible for assisting our clients in understanding their appetite for cyber and information security risk. The consultant will use industry frameworks to assist clients in building out architectures to support the clients business goals.
- Able to present the NEC XON cyber security value proposition.
- Able to show though leadership to clients through consulting engagement.
- Maintain a control matrix, mappings to controls frameworks.
- Help develop, maintain, evaluate and implement policies and procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of improvement opportunities and action items; prepare periodic reports on trends and compliance.
- Maintain governance inventories such as client security notification requirements.
- Advise stakeholders/clients on the implications of data privacy matters from a security perspective.
- Perform cybersecurity assessments.
- Provide recommendations on IT solutions to help stakeholders manage information security risk.
- Track emerging security practices and contribute to building internal processes.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulations, such as POPIA knowledge of cross-border regulations, such as GDPR
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT industry with a minimum of 5 in cyber security.
- Proven record of writing and implementing a cyber/information security strategy.
- Control evaluation and design consulting.
- Cloud Security consulting
- Client technical and business consulting.
- Report Preparation and Presentation
- Industry certification such as:
- CISSP, CISM, (need a minimum of one)
- CISA, (advantage)
- CRISC (Advantage)
- ITIL (advantage)
- ToGAF (advantage)
- SABSA (advantage)
If you are interested and meet the requirements (Qualification and Experience) as per the attached Job Specifications, please complete the attached Internal Application, attach your updated CV, certificates and respond to this e-mail no later than Monday, 06th December 2021.
Please note that only existing NEC XON employees will be considered.
6 December 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.