Role: Compliance and Corporate Governance Administrator
Reports to: Head of Legal & Compliance / General Manager: Legal & Compliance
Office location: Midrand
Main purpose of the job
- Provide administrative assistance for the NEC XON Group of companies’ company secretariat portfolio;
- Pursue continuous improvement in the Legal & Compliance Department as well as NEC XON;
- Develop, implement, maintain and revise in-house training on Compliance policies;
- Provide administrative assistance for the NEC XON Group of companies’ COVID CMT;
- Provide administrative assistance on the Contract Management archive.
Responsibilities: Company Secretariat (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Managing, planning, implementing, processing and administering on all matters relating to corporate governance and the company secretarial portfolio;
- Managing the administration of the relevant processes, coordinating the functions of the Board and its Committees and liaising between the Board and other stakeholders;
- Preparing and controlling various documents, ensuring accuracy, composing and preparing correspondence, gathering information, arranging travel plans and agendas, preparing and circulating meeting minutes to the relevant stakeholders and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- High level of interaction with board members and senior managers;
- Control and organise data and documentation to ensure that the information and documentation is effectively captured, stored, updated and is easily accessible;
- Assisting in coordinating the Board administrative and logistical requirements;
- Assisting with the drafting of resolutions;
- Assisting with all administrative functions required as per CIPC, law and instructions, with regards to the companies act.
Responsibilities: Compliance Function (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the NEC XON group of companies’ compliance program;
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including communication of the compliance program, and develop and conduct an effective compliance training program (appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers);
- Report on the compliance training program;
- Annual Compliance Week awareness campaign;
- Maintain administratively NEC XON’s DMS and all Compliance related documentation; and
- Day-to-day administration of the compliance program.
Responsibilities: COVID-19 (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Managing and coordinating the COVID-19 CMT administrative and logistical requirements including minute taking;
- Assisting with contact tracing and maintenance of the Contact Tracing Register;
- Incident Reports on all COVID-19 cases.
Responsibilities: Contract Management Function (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Maintaining the Contract Register;
- Have oversight in the allocation of Contract Numbers and the archiving of contracts
Skills and Experience required
Company Secretariat Competencies:
- NEC XON Business and Strategy – needs to understand the NEC XON business strategy, business components, service offerings and structure;
- Writing and Communication – fluent in English and able to communicate both in writing (email) and verbally (telephone, Teams, Zoom) with a high degree of professionalism, etiquette with colleagues across all levels of NEC XON (including Board of Directors and Shareholders);
- Accuracy – impeccable attention to detail
- Innovative – able to provide fresh ideas, new perspectives, and to think laterally;
- Independent and accountable – able to self-start, follow through, follow up and ensure completion of tasks;
- Agile – flexible and accommodating, ability to prioritise according to importance of tasks;
- Travel Flexibility – flexibility to travel across Africa.
- Compliance Competencies – ability to develop, implement, maintain, and revise in-house Compliance training.
Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Secretarial Certificate
- Institute of chartered secretaries
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate governance / company secretarial and compliance
- Intermediate to Advanced – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Teams)
5 December 2021
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.