Role: CCTV & Infrastructure Technician
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Office location: Cape Town
Main purpose of the job
- To install, configure and troubleshoot access control devices, CCTV cameras, biometrics.
- Knowledge and Management of Softcon, Impro and Morpho Manager software technologies.
- Ability to work on CAT-5/ CAT-6 cabling according to industry standards for data, voice, access control and CCTV.
- Taking responsibility for any tools assigned and drawn from Stores.
- Install, maintain, and repair any CAT-5/CAT-6 cabling.
- Pull, route & label CAT-5/ CAT-6 cables.
- Install/ configure biometrics, access control, alarm systems and CCTV Cameras.
- Conduct thorough inspection and test of cable lines to ensure the system works correctly.
- Ensure SLA timeframes are met timeously on CCYV, Biometrics, Alarm systems and access control devices.
- Test and troubleshoot issues with network communications, access control, biometrics, alarm system and cameras.
- Ensure tidiness of client site after work is completed.
- Keep company vehicles always clean.
- Completion of service orders and send to service desk
- Ability to work with all types of access control devices, biometrics, alarm system (Paradox &DSG) and CCTV cameras
- Design, Plan and build the best installation routes to install cabling for this CCTV environment.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills on cabling technologies, access control, alarm system and CCTV.
Qualification & Experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- National N3 Certificate in electronics or equivalent.
- At least 3 Years previous CCTV technical experience essential.
- Computer literate
- Highly motivated, reliable person with the ability to work in a team environment and perform duties without supervision.
- Positive Security Clearance
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Molex & Krone cabling certification (preferable)
- Paradox or DSG alarm system certification (preferable)
- Must have experience working on at least two of the following
- Technologies: Flir, Davantis, Impro, Morpho Manager, Softcon and
- Hikvision certification.
- Willingness to work after hours
- Required to travel throughout the province for onsite repairs.
11 February 2022
Your application must include:
An updated CV, motivational letter and relevant certificates.